The Marshall Chess Academy
The Marshall Chess Club is delighted to announce the formation of The Marshall Chess Academy, a partnership with Impact Coaching Network designed to provide an intensive
scholastic training program and led by their team of ICN Master coaches.
The Marshall Chess Academy will focus on high-level training for scholastic players who have reached an approximate rating of 1000 + USCF or higher.
Training Sessions will run during school holidays and summer vacations.
The sessions provide a perfect combination of USCF-rated match play, group analysis, individual coaching opportunities, daily themed lectures, social play and much more.
Each participant who purchases a full week at the Marshall Chess Academy will receive a complimentary one-year Scholastic membership to the Club,
a 250 dollar value. Enrollees who are already members of the club will receive a complimentary one-year extension to their current membership. (Memberships are limited to one per attendee.)
Click to Register!
Players will be grouped based on their appropriate level.
Approximate Daily Schedule:
- Approximate rating of 1000 + USCF required.
- Additional sports, activities and social play will be included throughout each day.
- Pizza lunch & snack included. Players are welcome to bring lunch as well.
- All sessions are peanut-free!
- Open to all players from Kindergarten -12th grade.
- Park play will be held at Washington Square Park.
- Enrollment is based on a first-come basis.
- 8:45 AM - 4:00 PM
- 8:45 - 9:45 - Gather & Social Play
- 9:45 - 11:30 - Team Groupings, Lessons & USCF Rated Games (G45, D5)
- 11:30 - 1:00 - Lunch, Park Play, Social Chess Play, Individual Coaching Opportunities.
- 1:00 - 3:30 - Lessons & Group Post-Mortem Game Review.
- 3:30 - 4:00 - Snack, Social Chess Play, Daily Contests
- 4:00 - Pick-up
Approximate Session Groupings:
- Daily Rate = $139
- Full Week = $649
- 1000-1499 USCF
- 1500 + USCF
Academy Dates (2022-2023):
- The Marshall Chess Club - 23 W Tenth St, New York, NY 10011
- July 3rd - 7th (4 days)
- July 10th - 14th
- July 17th - 21st
- July 24th - 28th
- July 31st - August 4th
- August 7th - 11th
- August 14th - 18th
- August 21nd - 25th
Click to Register!
- We will cap player registration each week (first-come first-served).
- Parents will be required to check in and drop-off at the main entrance. Only attendees and staff will have access to the camp facilities.